Pages

A picture, and a short story...

'when we are happy, we are always good,' says lord henry, 'but when we are good, we are not always happy.' 
lord Henry's lazy, clever words lead the young dorian grey into a world where it is better to be beautiful then to be good; a world where anything can be forgiven - even murder - if it can make people laugh at a dinner party.


Been interested in a lot of classic literature recently... I took out 'Tales of Mystery and Imagination - Edgar Allan Poe' from the library... great book... its a small collation of short stories by Poe... some of the Etchings are of great interest to my they encapsulate a lot of the 'Rough' element i find to be missing from my work...


My particular favorites, The Tell-Tale Heart, and The Black Cat. Are classic and prime example of Poes... classic and unique writing style which is almost completely lost in modern writing. i get the impression that he near meant to be such a compelling writer. he just wrote and people flocked ... 


 you can see the affect that Poe's style has had on early Burton two... maybe some of the collective's morbid and melancholy Genius will rub off. ha i hope in vain i fear... they both are a great inspiration to me... I might give it a whirl and write some short stories of my own... who knows? 'watch this space'.